The pandemic has forced work and life changes and in particular the need for functional space away from the office. Investing in a garden room has a number of distinct advantages over re-purposing rooms or extending a family dwelling.
“Lots of people like where they live. I spoke to a couple the other day with two teenage children, they need more space…but they can’t find anywhere they like as much. [quote. Julian Owen, architect and author of Home Extension Design]
Move, extend or garden room?
Adding a Rumipod provides a detached room to your house will and avoids legal, conveyancing, architectural and planning fees. And there is nothing quite like a calm, mindful space amongst the flora of a garden
- Striking design that has taken many hours of design, pre-production refinement and tooling.
- A design that appeals to innovators rather than followers.
- Exacting engineering, factory tolerances, high quality components in and out – some more at home in an industrial or commercial setting.
- Consciously not built down to a price. Uncompromising product quality
- Inclusive pricing
- Foundations – in the price subject to a survey that doesn’t flag unusual conditions
- Cladding colour options – in the price.
- Good ecology credentials in our manufacturing and installation processes. Ask.
- Good thermal and sound insulation performance (so inexpensive to run)
- Installing it – Low disruption
- Lead times – generally six to eight weeks (possibly better if ex-stock)
- Short on-site assembly time
- Frictionless permitted development in most areas. We will do the checking and advise for your location.
- Living with it – a joy
- Light touch maintenance. A wash down now and then and some basic annual checks.
- Built for decades of use.